An Authoritative, Informative Resource
American Indian History Online offers fast access to more than 15,000 years of culture and history through event and topic entries, biographies, images and videos, maps and charts, legends, primary sources, and timeline entries. The "Tribes and Culture Areas" section is easy to browse with a helpful tabbed list of tribes, representing more than 600 Native American groups, and a browse-by-culture-area feature. This award-winning database allows for an interactive, multifaceted look at the indigenous peoples of the Americas.
- Complete coverage: more than 15,000 years of American Indian history and culture
- Tribe index: a browsable index of more than 600 tribes
- Culture Area index: a browsable index of Indian culture areas
- Legends: traditional stories from tribes and groups, accessible from the Primary Sources browse page and the North American Culture Area Topic Centers
- Unique Topic Centers: specially selected entries on major eras and North American culture areas to help users find a starting point for their research
- Timeline: information on 15,000 years of American Indian history, with extensive hyperlinks, updated monthly
- Authoritative source list: full and partial text from a wealth of print titles.
- Events and topics
- Primary sources
- Image and video galleries
- Maps and charts
- "Editor's Selection of the Month"
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Examples of full citations in MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, and APA styles.