Praise for the previous edition:
"The beautiful color pictures and maps make it interesting and inviting."—American Reference Books Annual
"...colorful, detailed, and easy-to-read...a highly interesting book that rediscovers the varied and amazing world we live in. Recommended."—Library Media Connection
Take young readers on an exciting trip around the world, one continent and country at a time, with The World Almanac® Children's Atlas. Beautifully illustrated and easy to read, this new, completely updated resource offers an up-close look at more than 30 separate nations and regions, including the newly independent nation, South Sudan. Each informative, colorful section covers population, topography, culture, religion, and climate. Cultural comparisons help young readers gain a fresh understanding of their peers around the world.
The inviting, appealing format—complete with an index, quiz, full-color photographs, maps, and diagrams—will entice young students as they discover the world around them. The World Almanac® Children's Atlas will make a perfect addition to any library or classroom.
Special features include:
- Full-color maps and striking illustrations of people and places around the world
- Current information on a wide variety of geographical subjects
- Fun quiz questions with references to the maps and text throughout the book
- Endpapers that feature full-color flags of the world and promote interest and global understanding of other cultures
- Stamps, coins, and original artwork
- and much more.